- May 28, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Inveon Insights
During the COVID-19 lockdown period, we conducted research with SimilarWeb and The Swiss E-commerce and Digital Association to understand the main shifts in website browsing behavior within the main e-commerce industries in Switzerland.
The Swiss E-commerce and Digital Association, NetComm Suisse, exists to help established and prospective e-commerce merchants network and grow, learn and gain access to the very best services, training, and advice. As Inveon, we are pleased to be a part of this project that will provide digital commerce players in Switzerland with in-depth insights.
We analyzed website traffic on Swiss e-commerce sites before and during the COVID-19 period together with SimilarWeb. The report includes a general overview of changes in internet traffic and takes a deep dive into the industries of food, tourism, fashion, luxury, beauty and cosmetics, consumer electronics, and home and garden.
Here are a few highlights that are mentioned in the report:
- Switzerland saw an increase of around 16% in overall internet traffic between February and March as citizens were facing lockdown measures.
- Swiss people have shown a higher need for information: the search term ‘corona schweiz’ grew by 14,559% in February vs. January. Traffic on public health institutions and news and media websites have reached their peak in March.
- Website traffic also increased for the e-commerce categories of food, beauty and cosmetics, consumer electronics, and home and garden.
- Website traffic for fashion & apparel and luxury & jewelry decreased in February and March but an increase in traffic was achieved again in April.
- Website traffic for travel and tourism strongly decreased over the observed period as travelers face restrictions.